- At Friarage, we acknowledge the rapid rate at which technology is developing and progressing; and it is important that we equip the children at our school to engage with this.
- Through explicit teaching of technological skills, knowledge and techniques, children will be enabled to understand and become active participants in a digital world.
- By making links with a range of curriculum subjects, such as Maths and Science, children will gain a firm understanding of the uses and possibilities of Computing.
- As a result of learning how digital systems work and how to put this knowledge to use through programming, children will be equipped to use information technology to create programs, systems, and a range of content.
- Children will also be equipped to deal with and prevent potential dangers online through explicit and discrete teaching of e-safety.
- By combining the skills in these areas with their imagination, children will feel confident to develop and share their own ideas through a range of digital media.
- Making children aware of the wide variety of jobs and opportunities there are linked to Computing, will encourage children of any gender, ethnicity, or background to engage with technology safely and purposefully within school and the wider world.
Key Stage 1 and 2 use the Scheme of Work from Teach Computing.
Please Click here to see the progression document for Computing:
For Nursery and Reception, please see the EYFS section