- At Friarage we believe that a high-quality Science education is fundamental to developing a child’s understanding of the world through the key disciplines of biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Scientific advancements are happening every day and are key to the world’s future prosperity, so it is vital for children to understand essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes, and uses of science.
- We provide children with a solid understanding of key foundational knowledge and concepts, immersing them in a vocabulary-rich environment that allows them to build their understanding of the topic being studied as well as the diverse planet we live on.
- We ensure that all children are exposed to high-quality teaching and learning experiences that provide them with opportunities to develop their scientific enquiry and investigative skills through exploring their outdoor environment and locality.
- Children are encouraged to make predictions and observations, to question what they see and offer possible explanations for events and causes.
Please click here for the Whole School Science Progression
Click here to see the theme areas which are taught throughout the school.
Friarage Theme Overview Years 1 to 6
For Nursery and Reception, please see the EYFS section