Design & Technology
- At Friarage, it is our intent to provide children with a real-life context for learning in our rapidly changing technological world and one which helps to prepare them for living in a world in which sustainability and the environment must be given increasing priority.
- Our curriculum is structured specifically to inspire and foster creativity in designing and making and is combined with the progressive acquisition of knowledge, skills and understanding in order to design for a defined purpose and tangible outcome.
- Through our high-quality Programme of Studies pupils study past and present technologies which helps them to develop a critical understanding of the impact of innovations on daily life.
- Where possible they are given opportunities to: meet industry workers, execute product research, disassemble, and build and make prototypes, represent ideas, explore, and investigate, innovate and risk-take to help develop ideas, before making and evaluating their products.
- A range of tools, resources and materials are used, including ICT, to create effectively constructed and aesthetically pleasing results.
- We encourage children to work both independently and in teams, to consider differing needs and to be resourceful and enterprising; building resilience in their problem solving, all of which helps to equip children for life beyond our primary school.
Please click here for the
For Nursery and Reception, please see the EYFS section