Modern Foreign Languages (French)
- At Friarage, we are linguists!
- We begin building the foundations for learning a new language in EYFS and Key Stage One before we start French lessons in Key Stage 2
- Our children develop a curiosity about and understanding of the wider world by learning about the language and customs of France.
- Our children learn to communicate in French with growing confidence and knowledge of vocabulary.
- Our curriculum offers opportunities to appreciate stories, songs, poems, and rhymes in French and learn to read and write French with growing understanding and fluency, laying a strong foundation for further study at Key Stage 3.
- We are proud that many of our pupils speak different languages and we encourage pupils to share similarities and differences with their home languages during French lessons.
We use the Scheme of Work and resources from Language Angels
Please click here for the Whole School Modern Foreign Languages Progression Documents