- At Friarage we aim to inspire all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities, through our teaching of physical skills, linked to a range of sports.
- Through our explicit demonstration and pupils’ practise of physical skills and techniques, children will develop greater control over their own bodies and apply these new competencies to a range of activities and sports.
- It is important to us that we inspire children to lead an active lifestyle and have the motivation to take part in physical activity, both in and out of school.
- Children’s health and fitness is supported through opportunities to become physically active and confident during P.E lesson time, playtimes, and extra-curricular activities.
- We ensure that all of our P.E lessons are fully inclusive, and children of every ability feel a sense of pride and achievement.
- With concerns about children’s mental health currently being so prevalent, we aim to use P.E as a tool to support the children’s physical and mental wellbeing.
- Sportsmanship and the school values are embedded in all areas of the P.E curriculum to develop children into well-rounded individuals.
At Friarage we follow the 'Complete PE' scheme of work.
Please click here for the Whole School P.E. Progression
Click here to see the theme areas which are taught throughout the school.
Friarage Theme Overview Years 1 to 6
For Nursery and Reception, please see the EYFS section