- At Friarage we aim to inspire all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities, through our teaching of physical skills, linked to a range of sports.
- Through our explicit demonstration and pupils’ practise of physical skills and techniques, children will develop greater control over their own bodies and apply these new competencies to a range of activities and sports.
- It is important to us that we inspire children to lead an active lifestyle and have the motivation to take part in physical activity, both in and out of school.
- Children’s health and fitness is supported through opportunities to become physically active and confident during P.E lesson time, playtimes, and extra-curricular activities.
- We ensure that all of our P.E lessons are fully inclusive, and children of every ability feel a sense of pride and achievement.
- With concerns about children’s mental health currently being so prevalent, we aim to use P.E as a tool to support the children’s physical and mental wellbeing.
- Sportsmanship and the school values are embedded in all areas of the P.E curriculum to develop children into well-rounded individuals.
At Friarage we follow the 'Complete PE' scheme of work for the specific Physical Education lessons.
Please click here for the:
For Nursery and Reception, please see the EYFS section