Our intent for our R.E approach is that the children will be provided with a Religious Education curriculum offer designed to teach pupils to:
- Know about and understand a range of religions and worldviews, so that they can:
- Describe, explain and analyse beliefs and practices, recognising the diversity which exists within and between communities and amongst individuals
- Identify, investigate and respond to questions posed, and responses, offered by some of the sources of wisdom found in religions and worldviews
- Appreciate and appraise the nature, significance and impact of different ways of life and ways of expressing meaning.
- Express ideas and insights and nature, significance and impact of religions and worldviews, so that they can:
- Explain reasonably their ideas about how beliefs, practices and forms of expression influence individuals and communities.
- Express with increasing discernment their personal reflections and critical responses to questions and teachings about identity, diversity, meaning and valuing, including ethical issues.
- Appreciate and appraise varied dimensions of religion.
- Gain and deploy the skills needed to engage seriously with religions and worldviews, so that they can:
- Find out about and investigate key concepts and questions of belonging, meaning, purpose and truth, responding creatively
- Enquire into what enables different individuals and communities to live together respectfully for the wellbeing of all
- Articulate beliefs, values and commitments clearly in order to explain why they may be important in their own and other people’s lives.
At Friarage School we follow the North Yorkshire Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education
For Nursery and Reception, please see the EYFS section